Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Waiting

Curtiss and I are waiting until we see the oncologist on Jan. 23.
It may not be an unreasonable amount of time to wait (I have heard that stomach cancer is slow growing) but I can't bear it. I want him in surgery NOW.
I have called my oncologist so that she will call me back and reassure me that it is OK to wait until the 23rd. The info online about staging is confusing and I'm afraid we are making incorrect assumptions.
I feel a high degree of alienation since there appears to be no one from whom I can get info right now. The doctor at Dana Farber does not give out his direct line # to patients until he has seen them. I guess that makes sense. You can't really get a second opinion until you get a first opinion, and it looks like we will just have to wait until Jan. 23. It's almost as hard for me right now as it must be for Curtiss.
I want answers and I want action. I am not good with sitting still and hoping. The best I can do right now is to send positive energy healing to Curtiss and direct it at the tumor.
I wish I had someone to talk to with information of comfort.

No comments: